Skip to content
- Check in at least 15 minutes prior to your examination time.
- Plan for at least 30 minutes to complete your Ct examination.
- You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing for your exam.
- Leave home all metal objects or be sure they are removed prior to the examination – jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures and hairpins. You may also be asked to remove hearing aids and removable dental work.
- You may be asked not to eat or drink anything for several hours beforehand, especially if a contrast material will be used in your exam. (see X-Ray safety for information on Contrast use)
- Inform your doctor of any recent illnesses or other medical conditions, and if you have a history of heart disease, asthma, diabetes, kidney disease or thyroid problems.
- Women should always inform their physician and the CT technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant. Exposing a developing foetus to radiation is avoided whenever possible.
- If you are unsure about the instructions provided at the time your examination was scheduled, contact the clinic at least 24 hours in advance.
- Failure to adequately prepare may result in delay or rescheduling your examination.