Preparing in advance for your appointment will help your visit go smoothly. We encourage you to gather your personal and medical information before you arrive at the clinic.
You should also write down any questions that you have for your care team prior to your appointment.
Please review the details below as you plan for your visit with us.
- You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your exam.
- Leave all metal objects at home or be sure they are removed prior to the examination – jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures and hairpins. You may also be asked to remove hearing aids and removable dental work.
- You may be asked not to eat or drink anything for a few hours beforehand depending on the service, especially if a contrast material will be used in your exam.
- Inform your doctor of any recent illnesses or other medical conditions, and if you have a history of heart disease, asthma, diabetes, kidney disease or thyroid problems.
- Women should always inform their physician and the technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.